Garrison ISD signed an agreement with Pediatric Urgent Care to provide rapid COVID-19 tests at the school to be administered by the coaches and school nurse. Monday morning our first set of rapid test kits will arrive and under the supervision of our partners at Pediatric Urgent Care we will test any athlete who signs the Agreement between Garrison ISD and Pediatric Urgent Care. Testing will begin at 12:00 p.m., Monday, August 17, 2020, for any athlete or staff member interested with the signed agreement.
Benefits of our partnership with Pediatric Urgent Care:
- Rapid COVID-19 Testing with a 97% accuracy rate
- Results in 15 minutes
- TEA approved online COVID-19 pre-screening tools
- Same type of testing used by professional and collegiate sports teams
- Options of daily COVID-19 self-screening with weekly tests
- Immediate access to testing
- Pediatric specialized care
- Available for all major insurance plans
- No out of pocket costs for families
The primary goal of allowing the Garrison ISD staff to administer testing is not to test all students but to test those considered in close contact with an individual lab confirmed with COVID-19. Please click the link to the consent forms below to sign up.
Direct link for the consent forms: